Important Updates & Highlights of Version 6.2
Coupling with the flexible bodies of the MBD Software, RecurDyn
*MBD: Multi-Body Dynamics
Particleworks 6.2 supports the interactive simulation with the flexible bodies of RecurDyn. (bidirectional coupling) R-Flex (linear elastic bodies) as well as F-Flex (nonlinear elastic bodies) with large deformation can be reflected in real-time to polygon wall in Particleworks and Granuleworks. Simultaneously, RecurDyn calculates the deformation, dynamic stress and strain under the fluid force calculated by Particleworks.
Mixing Degree Evaluation
Powder and granular materials are segregated due to various characteristics, such as their particle size, surface roughness and particle shapes. There have been many studies based on statistics of mixed state analyses. However, due to the statistical errors, it was impossible to evaluatethe local mixed states or the mixed states of micro-components. Particleworks can solve this problem by using an evaluation system for mixing degrees based on entropy. This approach doesn't include the statistical error, it is now possible to evaluate the degree of mixing for arbitrary spatial resolution.
NVIDIA CUDA 9.1 Support
Particleworks solver is updated to support the latest CPU & GPU architectures.
Particleworks 6.2 supports CUDA 9.1 (NVIDIA Volta architecture). Volta is the most powerful GPU architecture developed as the most powerful computing engine for both computational and data science. This significantly boosts the performance of Particleworks solver and allows users to perform large-scale simulations of up to tens of millions of particles.
Solver enhancement for openMP and MPI
Particleworks makes the most of the latest hardware environments, supporting multithreading (OpenMP) and multiprocessing (MPI), in addition to SSE/AVX instructions on CPUs.
Updates & Highlights of Version 6.0
- Calculation Speed-up of large-sized physical models
- Optimization of CPU, GPU solver architecture
- Minimization of memory consumption and output file size
- Support of single precision calculation
- Support of multi-GPU calculation during co-simulation with RecurDyn
- Improvement of read/write speed of files through revision of file format
- Enhancement of pressure vibration control and negative pressure
- Upgrade of post-processing (Filter and Graph)
Particleworks can deal with many substantial CAE problems which had no available methods to solve them in the past.
This software covers various industry problems such as analysis of oil churning inside powertrain, flow of chemical fluid and mixing mechanism, and cooling process between engine oil and related system components, and eventually it will be a strong and efficient assistant tool for product design.
With very intuitive graphic user interface and much faster pre-post processing even without meshing procedure, it can provide highly reliable and persuasive evidence for designers and CAE engineers to decide the most optimal parameters in design process.
<Upgrade in Solving Speed and Memory Consumption>
Main Upgrades in Version 6.0
- Template of screen setting
- Management of multiple simulation projects
- Improvement of read/write speed of of output files
- Improved performance of playing result animations
- Support of single precision solving option
- Upgrade of CPU/GPU solver
- Enhancement of SMP/MMP parallel computing performance
- Reduction of output file size
- Optimization of memory consumption
- Stabilization of pressure gradient calculation
- Enhancement of surface tension model
- Support for rigid body by GPU solver