Optimal FSI Solution for System Analysis
How do you solve an FSI (Fluid Structure Interaction) problem? Especially, a system dynamic analysis with fluid and co-simulation requires a high level of expertise, time, and cost for CAE, MBD, and CFD. RecurDyn provides an interface specialized for co-simulation with CFD software, Particleworks, to easily solve this challenging FSI problem.
*FSI (fluid structure interaction) is also called, 'coupled fe cfd' or 'fe cfd coupling'
Advanced fluid structure interaction (FSI) using RecurDyn and Particleworks
The world's first interface specialized for co-simulation between dynamics analysis and fluid analysis
Fluid creation with meshless particle method using Particleworks
- Modeling for co-simulation can be simply completed by selecting a rigid body or a flexible body that interacts with fluid in the existing RecurDyn system model
- Easy import of bodies (parts) that interact with fluids into Particleworks for fluid modeling
- Developed as an interface specialized for RecurDyn and Particleworks, it is easy to connect two software with simple settings
Supports Contour Animation for velocity of fluid particles
- Supports Contour Animation for contact force, stress, and strain of flexible bodies interacting with fluid particles in the system
Quantitatively checks the amount of fluid in a specific area during system behavior
- Tracks the movement trajectory of fluid
Tracks the changes of fluid surface
- Corresponds to multithread (OpenMP), multiprocess (MPI) and SSE/AVX of CPU
- Recognized as an official application using NVIDIA’s CUDA
- It is possible to use a bidirectional heat transfer function between the RecurDyn FFlex Body and the Particleworks Fluid particles.
This feature predicts the cooling and heating of the body by the fluid and the corresponding expansion and contraction of the body structure.
Easy co-simulation using RecurDyn/Particleworks Interface
How to use the advanced fluid structure interaction (FSI) using RecurDyn flexible bodies and Particleworks
- Simulates the interaction between system dynamic behavior and realistic fluid behavior
- Creating fluid particles makes it easy to apply without complicated processing such as scattering, free surface and moving boundary
- Intuitive user interface completes settings with just a few clicks, enabling fast pre-processing for co-simulation
- System analysis considering interaction between fluids and flexible bodies
- Fluid can be created using meshless particle method and efficient simulation can be performed using high-speed computation through GPU
- Analysis results between system and fluids in various ways such as animation, contour, trace, etc. in RecurDyn
- The behavior of particles calculated during co-simulation can be animated with dynamic models in RecurDyn
Experience the advanced fluid structure interaction (FSI)!