RecurDyn/MTT3D (Media Transport Toolkit 3D) helps you efficiently create and simulate a sophisticated model of flexible media being transported by a mechanical system in a 3D environment. This toolkit can be effectively used for models whose 3D behavior is considered important and for analysis of flexible bodies.
- Automated modeling functions for Sheet, Roller and Guide:
- Fast and accurate solver specialized for 3D media transportation system
- Shell element Sheet specialized for MTT3D
- Material characteristics for the flexible sheet (isotropic and orthotropic)
- Modeling of the folding sheet with initial curl
- Automatic contact definition among Sheet, Roller and Guide
- Friction characteristics
- Guide creation from 3D CAD geometry
- Various sensors (Distance, Speed, Event (On/Off), Tension)
- Air resistance force and static electricity can be modeled using Nodal force
- Special parametric values provide access to important design parameters
- Contour plot for the displacement, stress, strain of the sheet (can be exported)
- Automatic generation of relevant outputs for a sheet feeding system
Easy MTT3D Generation Using RecurDyn/MTT3D
- Simulate the 3D movement of a sheet through a media path easily.
- Applications include devices such as a printer, copier, fax, or other sheet and film feeding products.
- Analyze the behavior of the flexible media with the large deformation.
- Analyze the cause of the malfunctions such as jamming
- Use various sets of the basic properties of the media
- Basis weight (or mass), size, bending property, etc.
- Predict the dynamic torque applied to the system
- Evaluation of the different characteristics of the sheet due to temperature and humidity extremes
- Frictional properties (Sheet-Sheet, Sheet-Roller, Sheet-Guide)
- electrical properties (Nodal force can be used)
- Various operating conditions of the complex system can be evaluated
- Different rotating speeds of the driving rollers and the driven rollers
- Roller control with timing diagram (On/Off, acceleration/deceleration)
- Office equipment such as a printer, copier and fax machine
- ATM, Bill counter